I think that the person that wrote this was talking about a friend or a relative. "He was my North my South, my East and West" this obviously means that the person the poem was dedicated to meant a lot to him. "Stop all the clocks" seems to mean that he would want to turn back time, or wants time to stop, maybe so that he's able to spend more time with him. "The stars are not wanted now, put out every one" I think it could refer to the fact that the start or the heavens don’t need him as much as he does; and having them 'turned off' would be like them not being there, and no need for him to leave. This poem for some reason reminds me a lot of the song Daddy's Little Girl by Frankie J. This is because the song refers to losing people, friends and family, and this is what I think about when I read this poem.
Mittwoch, 10. Dezember 2008
Funeral Blues
I think that the person that wrote this was talking about a friend or a relative. "He was my North my South, my East and West" this obviously means that the person the poem was dedicated to meant a lot to him. "Stop all the clocks" seems to mean that he would want to turn back time, or wants time to stop, maybe so that he's able to spend more time with him. "The stars are not wanted now, put out every one" I think it could refer to the fact that the start or the heavens don’t need him as much as he does; and having them 'turned off' would be like them not being there, and no need for him to leave. This poem for some reason reminds me a lot of the song Daddy's Little Girl by Frankie J. This is because the song refers to losing people, friends and family, and this is what I think about when I read this poem.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen