Mittwoch, 10. Dezember 2008
Do Not go Gentle into that Good Night by Dylan Thomas
I think that the poem represents life and death. Life is supposed to represent light and the darkness is supposed to represent death. Like light and dark, life starts first. Eventually, darkness will eventually fall, sometimes faster then you think. This is like death. You never know when you might die, but all you know is that before death, there is light, because without light there can't be any darkness. Without life, there won't be any death. The poem I think might take place in a hospital, and the son is telling his father no to be scared because it was going to eventually happen, that that it is a vicious cycle, that it has to take place. I can picture him telling his father not to be scared, and to be happy because once darkness falls, the light will be back the next day, a new day.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen