Hi Dad,
How are you? We have been on this island for a while now, and I'm getting more and more homesick. How is everything in the navy? I hope you'll find us soon. I know you're all trying your best to find us. We're doing fine here. We've set up a government, and obviously they chose me as the chief. I competed against this other boy Jack, that thinks he has more power then me. Obviously he's the only one that thinks that. I wish you were here to see what a man I've become.
There are quite a few children on this island actually. I could probably start my own military. You would be proud, Dad. Yesterday I proposed the idea of smoke signals, so that it would be easier for you to find us. Unfortunately it didn't go so well. It wasn't my fault of course, but the fire spread more then it should have. A lot of kids also don't understand the rules that I'm giving them. They don't understand that they're there for their own good. I really miss you and mom. I know you tell me to be a man and not let my emotions show, but I'm getting kind of homesick lately.
I love you. Please hurry, I want to come home.
Ralph.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)

1 Kommentar:
Excellent letter Mix.
Good for you for including details like the fire spreading. I also like the idea of focusing on the understanding of Ralph's relationship with his father, and his seeking approval.
Good job!
(To think about - use of the comma)
Kommentar veröffentlichen